JSC "Kazan Aircraft Production Association"
other
JSC "Kazan Aircraft Production Association"

JSC "Kazan Aircraft Production Association"

 

 

KAPO (Kazan Production Aviation Association named after S.P. Gorbunov) is one of the largest enterprises in the aviation industry in the Russian Federation.

Located near Akademika Pavlova and Maksimova Streets in the eastern part of the Aviastroitelny settlement area of ​​the Karavaevo microdistrict of Kazan Has a factory airfield "Borisoglebskoye", also located nearby within the city.

Manufactures civil and military aircraft, and also consumer goods.

Together with the nearby OJSC KMPO, they are among the enterprises that form the region.

JSC "Kazan Aircraft Production Association"

 

 

History of the plant

 

Plant No. 124 and. Ordzhonikidze Sergo

In 1932, inside the Kazmashstroy (aviation plant) under construction in the city of Kazan, the construction of a plant was started, which in 1934 was named Plant No. 124 named after Ordzhonikidze Sergo ".

In 1934-1936 (formation period) the following were manufactured at the plant: the six-engine ANT-20bis (MG-bis, PS-124), the largest aircraft in the world at that time; the plane that took part in the all-Union flight of the KAI-1 training and sports aircraft; DB-A bombers designed by Bolkhovitinov V.F. (they set a couple of speed records, records of carrying capacity and flight altitude).

In 1937, work began on the preparation for serial production of the first heavy high-speed bomber TB-7 (Pe-8) in the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, the production of which was established in just a few years (a total of 93 aircraft were created). These aircraft were used for the first bombing of Berlin in 1941 and the flight of the Soviet diplomatic delegation to the United States of America in 1942.

JSC "Kazan Aircraft Production Association"

 

In 1940, preparations began for the manufacture of a Li-2 / PS-84 passenger aircraft according to a license acquired from the American firm Douglas (ten aircraft were produced).

At the beginning of World War II, the plant is actively engaged in the production of Pe-2, dive bomber.

 

Kazan Aviation Plant number 22 named. Gorbunova S.P.

 

14.05.1927/1933/XNUMX, the Resolution of the Council of Defense and Labor of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics was issued on the creation of an aircraft plant in the city of Moscow. It was named after the director of the plant S.P. Gorbunov, who died in a plane crash in XNUMX. The plant was awarded the Order of Lenin in the same year.

In October - November 1941, the "Moscow Aviation Plant No. 22 named after .. Gorbunov S. P" was evacuated to Kazan to the place of the "Plant No. 124 named. Ordzhonikidze Sergo ". By order of the People's Commissariat of the Aviation Industry of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics in December 1941, the new enterprise was given the official name - "Kazan Aviation Plant No. 22 named after Gorbunova S. P. "

JSC "Kazan Aircraft Production Association"

 

It was put into operation in a short time arrived arranged production equipment and military equipment. The number of employees was about 30 thousand.

 

During World War II

 

The emergence of qualified experts provided an opportunity to solve the problem trudoresursov that existed before the war in the factory.

The plant was technically completely re-equipped: hot stamping, cold stamping, mold, machine tools, and tool shops were built. The pre-production service was reorganized.

1942: the turning point in the development of the plant, the volume of production increased in comparison with 1940 (the period before the war) eight times. The maximum production volume was reached in 1944 (over 1100 percent), and growth rates have been similarly high since then.

Every twenty-four hours, ten to twelve Pe-2 aircraft descended from the plant's platforms (in total, more than ten thousand aircraft were produced). To send Pe-2 aircraft to the front, the 221st separate ferry regiment of the air force of the Workers 'and Peasants' Red Army was settled at the plant.

JSC "Kazan Aircraft Production Association"

For the exemplary execution of government orders in September 1945, the plant was awarded the Order of the Red Banner, and the Red Banner of the State Defense Committee of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics was transferred to the plant for eternal storage.

A significant result of the restructuring during the war began to increase in productivity and a sharp increase in the technical level.

 

In the years after the war

 

In the second half of 1945, in accordance with peacetime conditions, the scale of production at the plant began to decline significantly.

At the end of 1945, construction began on the Tu-4 heavy long-range bomber, which, in terms of its own technical, tactical and design-technical parameters, largely prevailed over the previously produced aircraft.

A major restructuring of the plant was carried out: three shops were built (including a template and plaza), seven instrumental and mechanical shops and six aggregate shops were reequipped, new production lines were put into operation. The production was equipped with new highly specialized equipment, templates, tooling, new technological processes were adopted: honing, multilayer arc welding of chassis cylinders, bronze casting, and so on.

In 1947, the mass production of the Tu-4 bomber began, the enterprise became the main one for the manufacture of these aircraft.

03.081947/4/70 three production aircraft Tu-XNUMX and the passenger version of the Tu-XNUMX aircraft participated on a par with other aircraft in Tushino in the aviation parade.

In 1951, a hangar was put into operation for the final refinement of aircraft right at the airfield, a flight test station, and a special workshop for the production of ground-based radar equipment was put into operation.

In 1952, the production of the Tu-4 aircraft was discontinued (a total of 655 aircraft were produced) and the plant began to master the production of the Tu-16 long-range missile carrier-bomber, unique in its technical characteristics.

JSC "Kazan Aircraft Production Association"

Technologies were significantly improved: for the first time, the processing of electronic large-sized casting (hatches, lamps), new milling techniques, press group riveting, and the production of sealed devices were introduced. Mechanical processing of device connector holes and butt surfaces, paneling were introduced, specialized plazas for the production of electrical harnesses were developed, the installation of system communications using devices linked to plazas was mastered, and so on.

During the production period of Tu-16 aircraft, 799 aircraft of over ten different variations were produced (one of the largest modifications was the Tu-104B, a passenger aircraft - in total, about a hundred aircraft were produced). The aircraft were sold to Indonesia, China, Iraq, Egypt. In 1963, the serial production of the Tu-16 aircraft was completed.

JSC "Kazan Aircraft Production Association"

 

In 1957-1962, the plant significantly increased its capacity (by eighteen percent of fixed assets, by thirteen percent of equipment, by eight percent of the area), which made it possible to reduce the time required for the creation of a new generation aircraft - the Tu-22 supersonic long-range bomber. A new runway was built for testing it at the plant. In 1961, three Tu-22 aircraft lured to take part in an aviation parade in Tushino. In 1962, the aircraft was put into service (in total, more than 300 aircraft were produced, including for export to Libya and Iraq).

JSC "Kazan Aircraft Production Association"

 

View other plants

 

 

.
upstairs