The chronology of how the Russian submarine Kursk "sank" has been restored

20 years later, the complete chronology of the sinking of the Kursk nuclear submarine was published.

Captain 1st Rank Igor Kurdin has reconstructed the complete chronology of events that occurred during the incident with the Russian nuclear submarine Kursk, which sank in the waters of the Barents Sea in 2000. As it turned out, the state of emergency is full of all sorts of little things that could well have saved both the nuclear submarine and its crew.

“On August 10, 2000, the Kursk left the Zapadnaya Litsa Bay into the exercise area, where at noon on August 11, it successfully fired a practical Granit missile. At 06:00 on August 12, the boat occupied the designated area. At 08:35 the Kursk struck a simulated strike with a full ammunition load of missiles. At 08:51 the commander of the submarine, Captain 1st Rank Gennady Lyachin, reported this to the command, and also said that he was ready for torpedo firing. This was the last report from the Kursk. At 11:09 the Peter the Great's hydroacoustics recorded the sonar operation of the submarine, which was preparing for a torpedo attack, and at 11:30 - another sound, which could have been an underwater explosion. Then a powerful hydrodynamic blow fell on the flagship's hull, but the command did not attach any importance to this. The hydrodynamic shock was also felt by the Karelia submarine, which was 80 kilometers from the Kursk, and also "heard" by the Norwegian seismic station ARCES 470 kilometers from the place of the emergency. At 14:12, the ships, acting as training targets for the Kursk, left the area in which the boat was located and waited for the Kursk to surface for a report. When this did not happen, helicopters took to the sky. At 15:25 "Peter the Great" tried to call the submarine through sound underwater communications, explosives were dropped into the water - a signal to submariners about an emergency ascent. But, according to the interlocutor, "Kursk" was not considered emergency even by 17:00, when this was already clearly demanded by the rules of the Navy. Only at 17:20 was the rescue ship "Mikhail Rudnitsky" determined to be ready to leave at one hour. In fact, the rescuers went out to sea only after eight hours ", - about it сообщает Russian information publication "", referring to the words of Captain 1st Rank Igor Kurdin.

In fact, experts point to the fact that it was possible to save the submarine and its crew, however, the fact that other warships did not react to the explosions, and the rescue operation itself began only a day later, and led to one of the most serious consequences for of the Russian fleet and sailors.

To date, it is still not known for certain what exactly happened to the Russian nuclear submarine, while various versions are being expressed, up to the explosion of a nuclear submarine on a mine during the Second World War, a missile hit, a torpedo attack, etc. the official data, the reason for everything was the depressurization of the fuel tanks of the torpedo and the subsequent ignition of flammable substances, however, at the same time, the explosion at the Kursk nuclear submarine was so powerful that the official version is still disputed by experts, who believe that the emergency could have occurred for other reasons , which, by the way, are not disclosed.

It should be clarified that as a result of the incident, 118 people died.

Vladimir, what did you write - even read it yourself?

Whatever they say, the fact remains that there is a hole in the starboard side of the boat, a round hole with a mint inside there is a photo on the net where the torpedo sticks out in the submarine, and if the torpedo is removed, then the hole is the same only smaller and the same dent inside